Friday, January 17, 2014

Ace Wilder: "I would describe myself as an authentic pop artist"

A new day arrives and with it a new Melodifestivalen interview! She is one of the artists from semifinal 3 and you better get ready for her cause she is wild! Here are the answers of ACE WILDER:

Name: Ace Wilder
Birthday: July 23
Height: 165 cm
Favorite Color: purple
Favourite food: avocado
Eye color: green
Where are you right now? On my couch
What’s your strangest talent? I can shake my eyes
Do you have any nicknames? Sanchez (my choreographer claims that i dont give proper hugs and apparently there was a character in a movie, Sanchez, that had the same problem) and mufasa turtle (I love the name Mufasa and a friend of mine just started calling me that one day). 
Home alone and you're bored. What do you do? Eat anything I can find :-)
What is the strangest thing you have in your room? A stack of old issues of vogue ( by stack I mean like 100 issues)
What are you really good at? Waiting until the last minute
What are you really bad at? Planning
Childhood idol: Michael Jackson
Childhood memory: I remember forcing my siblings to be a part in my shows. I would make them memorize songs that I had written including my first song "Zombie Eyes"... Hahahaha!
The horrible thing is that they still remember it. :-)
Favorite movie: Cat on a Hot Tin Roof
Favorite TV series: Sopranos
Tell me something no one knows about you: I love playing psychologist...if you got drama I wanna hear it! ;-)
What would you do if you were invisible? I would travel for free on airplanes...;-)
Tell me a super power you wish you had: Jedi mind control.
What is your guilty pleasure? Real Housewives of New Jersey
Name a song that never fails to make you happy: The Way You Make Me Feel by MJ
Tell me one of your bad habits: nicotine gum
Describe yourself with 3 words: Loyal, empathetic, sarcastic
When did you start singing? When I learned to talk
Can you teach me some interesting words in Swedish? Lagom means " just enough"... We use this word to describe e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g!
If you were the journalist what would you ask to Ace Wilder? and tell me your answer.
Where did u get your stage name? I'm pretty reserved in real life and Im not really like that on stage. So one day I just decided that Ace was tougher than alice. Wilder comes from everyone thinking that I sound like Kim Wilde. I just happen to be a bit wilder. ;-)
Hello Ace! The Melodifestivalen is getting closer, how do you feel right now?
I'm extremely excited and a little nervous. I can't wait to show off our number!!

How would you describe as an artist?
I love putting on a show..so I would describe myself as an authentic pop artist. It's gotta be cool clothes, great dancing and awesome songs! 
You are one of the 32 participants of Melodifestivalen, how did it all begin?
It all began with the song I wrote with joy and Linnea deb. My record label thought it would be fun to see if it would even be considered but I was warned that it was a long shot since its so "different". I was shocked when I got the news that I had been chosen! 
The title of your song is "Busy doin' nothin'", what can you tell me about it? whats the story behind the song?
The song is based on a summer I had a couple of years ago. I just learned that sometimes living life means tuning the world out... It was awesome!

Describe the song with 4 words:
New, fresh, exciting, POW!
I've seen some of the pics from the rehearsals! what can you tell me about the performance? what can we expect to see on stage?
I don't want to reveal anything yet but I can promise that its gonna be off the wall!
Do you know what you are going to wear for the semifinals? any hint?
It hasn't really been decided yet so no hint yet. :-)
What do you think about the other participants in semifinal 3?
I hate to sound boring but all of them are gonna deliver a kick ass show. And I'm truly flattered that I get to be on the same stage.

Did you watch Eurovision 2013? any favorite?
I loved Margaret Berger ( Norway). I just got a chance to work with her and her voice is killer, not to mention her song!
What do you like about Eurovision?
That it brings so many countries together. It's almost like football; even though its a competition there is a unity with everyone that is watching. I love that! 

Tell me the first thing that comes to mind when you hear the word:
2013: Change
Fear: Not letting it stop me.
Wind machine: Hair getting stuck in your lipgloss
Friday: Bitches Like Fridays!!
Ikea: Smart
Hashtag: Clever
Stage: Work it!
Clones: Want one
What are your plans for 2014?
Like I said, not very good at planning... ;-)
We'll see!
Is there anything you want to say to close the interview?
I'm so proud of what my team and I have achieved in such a short amount of time and I can't wait until we get to share it with everyone else. 2014 here we come!

Thanks to Ace for the interview! Good luck in Melodifestivalen!

Here is her official Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/AceWilder
Here is the Itunes link of her A Wilder - EP: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/a-wilder-ep/id793074915

Here are some of her videos:
Do it

Deadly

Heart for rent

Bitches like fridays

No comments:

Post a Comment