Tuesday, January 21, 2014

eXtensive: Our secret dream is to win and represent Hungary in Eurovision

Hello Everybody! The shows in Hungary are going to start on Saturday so its time for a new A Dal interview! They are a pop/punk band and they are one of the acts from the 1st heat! Here are the answers of EXTENSIVE:

Name: Krisztián Héjja
Age: 20
Birthday: 31 May 1993
Zodiac sign: gemini
Height: 178 cm
Favorite Color: white, blue, black
Favourite food: pizza
Shoe Size: 44
Eye color: brown
What do you do in the band: I sing the lead vocals and play the guitar
Where are you right now? right now I’m at home
3 things that makes you happy: shows, music, cartoons
What’s your strangest talent? I’m so cute :)
Do you have any nicknames? kiki
Home alone and your bored. What do you do? playing with my guitar
What is the strangest thing you have in your room? there’s nothing any strange thing
What are you really good at? make someone laugh
What are you really bad at? be careful
Childhood idol: Tom DeLonge
Childhood memory: burnt my finger with my brithday candle
Tell me something no one knows about you: I like secrets…
What would you do if you were invisible? Be naked
Craziest thing you've ever done: I don’t remember
Favorite movie: Growns Up
Tell me a super power you wish you had: be a super strong hero
What's your favorite part of your body? tongue
Tell me one of your insecurities: same as bad habits
What is your guilty pleasure? coffee
Name a song that never fails to make you happy: Blink 182 – Every Time I Look For You
Can you teach me some interesting words in hungarian? LOVE = SZERETET
Tell me some of your bad habits: sometimes I can be so depressive.
If you were the journalist what would you ask to eXtensive? And tell me your answer.
Why do you play in a band and not alone? Because it’s not just a band. We are best friends and the guys are like my brothers. We can reach big things together. Alone it’s so hard and booooring.
Name: Máté Horvay
Age: 27
Birthday: 13 May 1986
Zodiac sign: taurus
Height: 187
Favorite Color: green, black
Favourite food: greek food
Shoe Size: 43
Eye color: blue
What do you do in the band: I play the bass and sing the backing vocals
Where are you right now? I’m at home
3 things that makes you happy: love, dance (greek dance), music
What’s your strangest talent? I wont tell it :)
Do you have any nicknames? matt
Home alone and your bored. What do you do? Sleeping.
What is the strangest thing you have in your room? A wooden cat statue.
What are you really good at? in my job, economical things
What are you really bad at? grammar
Childhood idol: John Lennon, Kurt Cobain
Childhood memory: Lot of beutiful memories
Tell me something no one knows about you: That’s a secret
What would you do if you were invisible? Make an invisible bass gutitar.
Craziest thing you've ever done: skiing between trees
Favorite movie: Airplane!
Tell me a super power you wish you had: heal everything
What's your favorite part of your body? my eyes
Tell me one of your insecurities: same as bad habits
What is your guilty pleasure? coffee
Name a song that never fails to make you happy: Nirvana - You Know You’re Right
Can you teach me some interesting words in hungarian? tehén = cow, gyönyörű = beautiful
Tell me some of your bad habits: Making huge problems from everything
If you were the journalist what would you ask to eXtensive? And tell me your answer.
Is there any plans for the upcoming months? – Yes, it’s a surprise :)
Name: Attila Dolmán
Age: 21
Birthday: 29 February 1992
Zodiac sign: pisces
Height: 185 cm
Favorite Color: blue, green, black
Favourite food: chicken, sweets, chinese food, spaghetti, pizza
Shoe Size: 45
Eye color: green
What do you do in the band: I play the drums
Where are you right now? I’m at home right now
3 things that makes you happy: music, friends, drumming
What’s your strangest talent? I can imitate a little sounds and voices
Do you have any nicknames? atee
Home alone and your bored. What do you do? I listen to music and practice
What is the strangest thing you have in your room? a flowerpot withot a flower but with potting 
soil inside
What are you really good at? I’m good at organising things
What are you really bad at? maths
Childhood idol: musicians and superheroes
Childhood memory: I pulled out a lot of cassette’s tapes and made an enormous mountain of them in my room. I don’t know why. Maybe just for fun :D
Tell me something no one knows about you: The thing that I also don’t know about me
What would you do if you were invisible? I would play trick on people 
Craziest thing you've ever done: I started to learn for a lot of exams on the last three days.
Favorite movie: comedies, action films, sci-fi
Tell me a super power you wish you had: I wish I had a super power with I could visit all the places and stories in the past anytime I want.
What's your favorite part of your body? Never thought about it. I don’t know :)
Tell me one of your insecurities: Sometimes I think on a thing it’s so complicated but then I realise I should have done on the other way and it could have been easier.
What is your guilty pleasure? coffee
Name a song that never fails to make you happy: Metallica – Wherever I May Roam
Can you teach me some interesting words in hungarian? természetesen = naturally, fanatasztikus = fantastic, mindenképpen = definitely, persze = of course
Tell me some of your bad habits: Sometimes I take so much time before I have to hurry somewhere
If you were the journalist what would you ask to eXtensive? And tell me your answer.
How is it feel to be in the band? – It’s amazing, I can’t describe :)
Hello Guys! How do you feel?
Hello, we are fine, thank you. 

What can you tell me about the band? When did you start playing together? 
We started to play together on the summer of 2012 and started to write our own songs. Only two months after the formation we had our first concert, we were so glad to see that people like our songs. We want that people find their taste in our music and make them happy.
How would you describe the band?
We think our genre is pop-rock/pop punk.

Tell me about the name of the band:
In Secondary School, Kiki was on a history class and learnt about extensive farming. He liked ’extensive’ word so much and decided that if he will have a band, he will name it „eXtensive”.

The band is one of finalists of A Dal 2014. How did it all begin?
In October 2013 we started to write a brand new song. We felt the song would be the best of all our recorded songs and we started to think about how we can make it more powerful. After MTV (Magyar Televízió) and MTVA (Médiaszolgáltatás-támogató és Vagyonkezelő Alap announced the public call for the songs we decided to record the song and sent to the jury. This process means more than recording and finishing a song, we stayed awake for nights and wrote all the papers what this competition needed, we took brand new pictures and spent a lot of days in the studio as well. But we feel it was worth because the jury decided that we can take part in the competition. Naturally, our secret dream is to win and represent Hungary on the Eurovision Song Contest in Copenhagen, but we won’t be sad if we don’t win. We are already winners with being in the top 30 from the 435, it’s so honorific for us that we can introduce ourselves and our music for everyone.
"Help me" is the title of your song. What can you tell me about it? What is the song about?
„Help me!” is about people pay attention to things whose should not to do („Don’t listen to more bad news”). With this song we want to tell everyone if they believe in their dreams they can make them come true (You can find what you believe).
Describe the song with 4 words:
Believe in your dreams.

There is a Hungarian version of the song right? Why are you singing in English on A dal?
In the beginning we started to write our songs in hungarian. Our name was also hungarian, it 
was „ExtenSzív” (szív = heart). We realised writing and singing in english is easier and english lyrics fit better to our music so we decided to write all our songs in english. The hungarian version of the song „Ments meg!” hasn’t recorded yet, but we probably release it in the future.

Did you start preparing the performance for the shows? What can we expect to see on stage?
Exactly. We have several rehearsals for A DAL, we meet almost every day on the week and practice a lot. We’re planning to make this performance as youthful and energic as we can. 
Did you watch Eurovision 2013? Any favorite?
Naturally, we also follow Eurovision everytime if we can, we liked all the performances but to be honest, every country keep the fingers crossed for their representatives.

You have a new video called "Duck", what can you tell me about it?
First of all, we had no idea for the name of this song. Kiki just randomly said „Duck”. This is the reason why we named this song „Duck” and why you can see a duck in the story. Panda is our „cabala” you can also see a panda on the cover of our first EP. The story is obviously about the panda and the duck. In the beginning they are only plush animals. After they fall down to the ground, they suddenly become alive and start to run to look for each other. They don’t realise each other, this is the reason why they are are running in the opposite direction. They’re running through the city, trying to sell eXtensive EP CD-s, painting graffities, hugging people and many funny things they do. At the end they find each other and the story ends with a huge hug. We planned this story very funny, we hope we could make people laugh.
Tell me the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear the word:
Fangirling: actresses, singers
Horror: scary
Peter Griffin: Family Guy
Clones: Star Wars
Girls: :)
Eurovision: success
Love: priceless
Pizza: fantastic and tasty
Music: irreplaceable
What are your plans for 2014?
We would like to give as many youthful, energic concerts as we can and play at more popular andbigger concert places as well. In this year we will definitely release a new album, and make a music video for „Help Me!”.
Is there anything you want to say to close the interview?
"Burn down all the things you lose 
Don’t listen to more bad news
’Cuz it’s useful to do, To make it!"

Thanks to eXtensive for the interview! Good luck on Saturday!

Here is their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/extensiveoffical

No comments:

Post a Comment